Let's talk about the queen of a casino, the wheel of luck, and just the most popular gambling game — roulette. No one knows where it came from, but in terms of popularity, it holds a leadership position.
And even though this is a game rather for luck, the player must take into account many nuances for an effective game. So, place your bets, ladies, and gentlemen, we are starting.
All About Roulette
It’s not known who invented this entertainment: Chinese, French, or Italians. But recently this game was one of the entertainments of kings and aristocrats. Before the advent of the online format, gamblers knew only three types of roulette:
Well, you can add one more type: La Boule roulette. But now, with the growing popularity of online roulette, the developers decided to show their creativity and came up with dozens of roulette options.
Rules and principles of the game
Regardless of type, is it online European roulette or another type, it always has one victory condition: to guess the cell where the ball lands. The player can bet on:
- Red and black.
- Even and odd.
- Group of numbers.
The roulette betting system is divided into external and internal bets. They are determined by the position of the number or combination of numbers on the roulette playing field.
There’re also oral rates. They are marked on the game field and are determined by the position of the number on the roulette wheel. Further, the order of betting, mathematical advantages, and specifics may vary, depending on the type of roulette.
This game has a mystical story. It’s believed that Francois Blank created European roulette. According to legend, this person sold his soul to the devil to create it. True or not, no one knows, but European roulette has become the most popular game. What should a gambler know about before European roulette play:
- Roulette has numbers 1 to 36.
- One zero.
- Ten types of bets
Payout ratios depend on the riskiness of bets. For example, Straight, when a player bets on one number, this is the riskiest bet. The coefficient is 1 to 35. The bet on even-odd or red-black is paid as 1: 2. Also, any gambler can European roulette play free just to familiarize this game.
This game first appeared in New Orleans, thanks to European immigrants. American roulette has gone through many bans; as well as it has been legalized many times. And now, during its existence, the American roulette wheel took the form that we know today:
- The playing field is smaller than in European roulette.
- Two zeros instead of one.
- 11 betting options, the additional one is the internal bet on 5 numbers.
- Oral bets are not available.
- The player can get a change from the bet.
- The player must place a bet no later than three circles before the ball stops.
The game is not very popular in offline casinos, but gamblers are willing to play free American roulette or for money in online casinos.
This game also has a mysterious legend. Someone says that French roulette first appeared even in ancient Rome or Greece. Say, the soldiers had fun spinning a wheel or shield and making bets. But the famous mathematician Blaise Pascal made this game when he was looking for the secret of the perpetual motion machine. Then the brothers Francois and Louis Blanc presented roulette with 37 sectors, one of which is zero in 1842, and opened a casino in Monte Carlo.
In general, French roulette is the progenitor of the other types of roulette. However, the paradox is that the French roulette game appeared in gambling houses only in the middle of the twentieth century, when gambling was legalized.
What you need to know about French roulette:
All terminology is in French only.
- The game has the rules of En Prison and La Partage. They are relevant in case of a loss of zero. For example, when a player bets on equal chances, i.e. to black and red, then he or she can send this bet to "jail". And if zero falls, the player receives half the bet back.
- Players place bets only before the wheel begins to spin.
Anyway, the French roulette free game is a great way to have fun and get to know the Queen of the casino better.
Interesting Roulette Facts
This exciting game has come a long way. And of course, a lot of interesting facts about roulette appeared.
- In 2012, in one of the Las Vegas casinos, the number 19 landed 7 times in a row. The probability of this is 1 in 3,000,000,000.
- One of the famous expressionist artists, Edward Munch, created the painting "Roulette in Monte Carlo."
- Roulette online is the most popular entertainment on gambling sites.
- This game is preferred by men. Only 20% of gamblers playing roulette are women.
- The biggest bet in roulette history is a million dollars. Gambler bet this amount on red at Horseshoe Bignon Casino. And the gambler won!
- But the biggest gain reaches $ 150 million a night for one Australian tycoon.
- The first person to understand how to beat roulette is the Spanish director and mathematician Gonzalo Garcia-Pelayo. Casino de Madrid even sued the Spaniards
- , but in the end, they lost.
Moreover, people tried to play roulette everywhere: on the beach, in the pool, in the jungle, on the train. Some rich people plan to play roulette in space!
Where to play roulette
This game is available in all casinos in the world. And if you don’t have the opportunity to visit a ground-based gambling house, then pay attention to free American roulette, French or European games at Queen of Luck Casino. On the game selection page, you will find the Roulette section. There will be presented several options for this game, in a place with a live format.
If you don’t want to risk money and just read the rules, choose a demo game mode. It allows you to play roulette free and without registration. For more serious bets, we recommend trying an online casino roulette. It gives a lot of advantages:
- the game is more dynamic
- live dealer communication
- real-time bets and game
- you see everything that happens at the table.
As you can see, roulette is a truly exciting game with a rich history. It keeps many secrets, and gamblers always tried to develop formulas and strategies, but no one had figured out this game in the end.