Slots are a must-have for any casino. World gambling statistics say that about half of all casino visitors prefer to play online slots. Of course, spinning the reels with funny sounds and vibrant pictures is exciting entertainment.
But what the fun comes when the machine announces an impressive win! Although, slots have many nuances with all their simplicity. And only those who know about them have more chances to play successfully.
Introduction to Slot Machines
To get started, let's look at the types of slot machines in a casino. Indeed, this type of entertainment has gone through its evolution. Initially, these were bulky mechanical machines, with levers and three drums.
The gambler had to insert a coin and pull the lever to spin the reels. Then the slot machines became more diverse, animated, the buttons appeared on the panels, and the program determined the outcome of the game.
And now, with the online format, game developers began to produce hundreds of browser video slots for fans.
Types of slots by the number of reels
The collection of online casino games has a choice of slots for different numbers of reels:
- 3 reels. The good old classic, which is now slowly losing its popularity.
- 5 reels. The most common category of slots. Such games are characterized by free spins, wilds, progressive jackpots.
- 7 reels. These games have a few paylines, as a rule up to 10. There’re also no bonus rounds, but players can get frequent payouts.
- 9 reels. The most interesting jackpot games. 9-reel slots have many paylines, which can be located horizontally and vertically.
Slots and paylines
In terms of paylines, reels games also can vary.
- Single line. There’s only one winning line, and if the player is lucky enough to collect a combination within this line, he/she gets winning.
- Lots of lines. Here the slots can have 3 paylines or even 1000.
- Non-linear slots. Winning a player depends on a combination of symbols, not on paylines.
Everything is simple here. All casino slots can offer only two types of jackpots.
- Progressive jackpots. The winning amount is constantly increasing, that’s why it is also called the cumulative jackpot. The principle lies in dividing the player’s bet into three parts: one is credited to the casino's margin, the second is spent on payments and the third goes to the progressive jackpot. Something like the prize pool.
- Fixed jackpots. A stable amount of winnings, independent of the bet and the number of games played. Such a jackpot becomes available under certain conditions: collect special symbols, for example.
Slot Machine Symbols
In a game of online slots real money, everything depends on the pictures that have landed on the reels. All these pics vary in function and role. Often games have low-cost symbols. These are card symbols from 10 to Ace. Then each slot has its pictures, with different costs. But the most interesting are the wilds and scatters.
Wilds. The essence of such symbols is the same: they replace other symbols on the playing field. Wilds can be:
- Expandable: that fills the entire playing field.
- Random. They replace characters randomly.
- Sticky: fixed in the same place where they landed.
Scatters. Symbols that form different combinations in any position on the screen. If a player takes out three scatter, he or she gets free spins.
Bonus symbol. Such a picture opens up new possibilities for the gambler. This may be an additional round, a risk game, a mini tournament, etc.
Queen of Luck online casino offers you a huge selection of slots games of all types and types from the best providers. Only you will decide whether to play slots for money or just have fun for a free game. Enjoy the games and may good luck be with you!